Vranov nad Dyji Chateau
Vranov nad Dyji Chateau, situated on the southern border of the Czech state about 110 km from Vienna, is one of the most remarkable secular buildings of the Central European Baroque. It emerged from a conversion of a castle of the provincial nobility combining Roman and Gothic features, with the first written account dating back to the year 1100. The chateau was given its present appearance by the counts of Althann in 1665. Today, as a national cultural heritage situated in the western part of the Podyji National Park, it is in the state’s custody.